Pawhuska Indian Village 

The Pawhuska Indian Village (PIV) is an Osage Nation tribal village located within the Osage Nation in northeast Oklahoma. There were three Village lands set aside by the US Congress in 1906 and amended in 1968 within the Osage Nation.  The PIV was officially was established in 1906 by the Osage Nation Constitution with he United States, but have maintained a presence on the 160 acres since 1884.  

The Pawhuska Indian Village (PIV) is one of three villages of the Osage Nation, along with Greyhorse Indian Village and Hominy Indian Village.   The villages are the only reservation based system in the state of Oklahoma. These Villages can only be permitted to Osage people and are the cultural home of the Wa-Ka-Ko-Lin District People.

The Pawhuska Indian Village is located in Pawhuska which is the county seat of Osage County and home of the Osage Nation.  The Osage Nation has the same boundaries of Osage County.



The name of the Pawhuska Indian Village is derived from Chief "Paw-Hiu-Skah White Hair, the leader of the original band of people which settled in the area after relocating from Kansas to Indian territory. 

Myron Red Eagle, recounts the first to arrive in the Indian Village, "There were camps back then, hogans, living the real ways, no homes. They all stayed together, that's why they call it Indian Camp."

On May 19th, Pawhuska Indian Village sustained a lot of tree damage due to tornado like winds. No major structural damage occurred and no one was injured. The clean-up is underway!! 

The name of the Pawhuska Indian Village is derived from Chief "Paw-Hiu-Skah White Hair, the leader of the original band of people which settled in the area after relocating from Kansas to Indian territory. 

Myron Red Eagle, recounts the first to arrive in the Indian Village, "There were camps back then, hogans, living the real ways, no homes. They all stayed together, that's why they call it Indian Camp."